Interior Design Services
My aim is to make the experience of designing your modern country home an effortless and enjoyable one. The way I approach each project is to focus on making the interior design experience collaborative and engaging, ensuring my clients feel involved at every step of the way.
Each project is typically based around four key stages. Do get in touch to discuss your individual needs.
Our modern country home interior design service starts with a no obligation meeting at your home or via an online consultation. I will then prepare a proposal aligned to your priorities, which we can refine and tailor together. If you then wish to go ahead I take a more detailed interior design brief. I take time to listen and to understand how you want to feel about your home, your practical objectives and the personalities of your family.
We will work together to shape the style, look and feel for your home. The concepts act as an anchor to keep you focused throughout the project. I typically use three main tools at our meetings – mood boards, sample trays and visuals (including CAD layouts) – which really help build a vision of each room. We can then refine and shape them, with you adding in your own thoughts. The meetings are relaxed, informal and fun. Once you are confident with the overall direction, we then develop it into more detailed interior designs.
- Decorative schemes – developing the concepts into detailed schemes including fabrics, paints and flooring
- Development of decorative specifications – for decorators and curtain makers to follow
- Sourcing - helping you to source furniture, lighting, flooring and accessories. This option is only available with my more comprehensive interior design service, where you wish for me to manage the procurement process too
- To scale layouts for furniture – advising on the optimal arrangements for your space. This goes hand in hand with sourcing to ensure the perfect sized items are sourced
- Bespoke furniture and joinery – designed to your specific need and made by my trusted suppliers
On larger projects I procure all furniture, upholstery, curtains, accessories and soft furnishings. I draw on an extensive network of specialist suppliers and the best craftsmen who I know and trust. I prepare specifications of work for suppliers to price, assist in selecting suppliers, drive the project schedule and regularly attend site visits. Interior design projects are meticulously planned for, with every possibility considered.
If you opt for decorative schemes only, curtains and blinds supplier and installation are still part of that package. I can also offer your advice on where to source your furniture and lighting.
If you would like help designing your modern country home, please get in touch with Lisa to discuss your needs.