Interior Design Services
My aim is to make the experience of designing your modern country home an effortless and enjoyable one. The way I approach each project is to focus on making the interior design experience collaborative and engaging, ensuring my clients feel involved at every step of the way.
Each project is unique but is typically based around four key stages. I offer a flexible approach, including face to face meetings (with safety measures in place) and online consultations.
Our modern country home interior design service starts with a no obligation meeting at your home or via an online consultation. I will then prepare a proposal aligned to your priorities, which we can refine and tailor together. If you then wish to go ahead I take a more detailed interior design brief. I take time to listen and to understand how you want to feel about your home, your practical objectives and the personalities of your family.
We will work together to shape the style, look and feel for your home. The concepts act as an anchor to keep you focused throughout the project. I typically use three main tools at our meetings – mood boards, sample trays and sketches – which really help build a vision of each room. We can then refine and shape them, with you adding in your own thoughts. The meetings are relaxed, informal and fun. Once you are confident with the overall direction, we then develop it into more detailed interior designs.
- Decorative schemes – developing the concepts into detailed schemes including fabric sourcing and advising on paints
- Sourcing - helping you to source furniture, lighting, flooring and accessories
- To scale layouts for furniture – advising on the optimal arrangements for your space, with detailed working drawings
- Lighting plans – considering both the practical elements, as well as lighting that creates atmosphere or accentuates features in your home
- Computer-generated visuals – to help you visualise what the finished result will look like
- Bespoke furniture and joinery – made to measure furniture to meet a specific need
- Development of specifications – for contractors to work to (decorators, joiners and curtain & cushion makers)
- A detailed budget – a full breakdown to allow you to decide which items to proceed with
Once the design and budget has been signed off I can procure all furniture, upholstery, curtains, accessories and soft furnishings. I would coordinate all the deliveries and ensure they are installed perfectly. I draw on an extensive network of specialist suppliers and the best craftsmen who we know and trust.
I prepare specifications of work for suppliers to price, assist in selecting suppliers, drive the project schedule and regularly attend site visits. Interior design projects are meticulously planned for, with every possibility considered.
If you do not wish to take advantage of the most comprehensive project management service I can provide a purely advisory service.
If you would like help designing your modern country home, please get in touch with Lisa to discuss your needs.